Back to work for a rest!

Our half term continued as it started - busy and fun! More baking, of course!
An educational visit to the peace and tranquility of Castle Acre....
the peace and tranquility didn't last long as the beautiful boy and his little cousin let off steam!
The school project after Half term is castles so instead of a scrapbook for homework the beautiful boy made a castle memory of his trip.... what is it about boys and poo?!
He has also started to design his own garden. I'm not sure how long the brambles will be kept at bay but daddy helped to clear an area of scrub near his den and the path is built and the birdhouse is installed! The tunnel in the picture is the secret entry to the back of the den / escape route from the den in the event of bath time being called! A determined child can evade capture for an hour or more when hunted by your average mummy!
And of course there has been time for sales and fairs! A great week for buttons..
A beautiful set of detailed Crinoline lady napkins....
I especially love the 'Gentleman's buttonholes' on the Hollyhocks.
And acres of vintage Sanderson for just £3.50! And you know how I love vintage Sanderson!
And tea cups. Oh I am in love with these tea cups! The perfect excuse to keep stopping for a cuppa!
The workroom has seen some action too getting ready for the weekend!
And in the evenings I get to collapse here and my little embroidery tinies are waiting for me to while away a few more happy hours!!
It's summer! The sun is shining. And only 6 weeks until the long holidays! Hurrah! t.xx
(we'll be drawing my Blogiversary Giveaway later today after school so you have a few more hours to leave a comment below! x)

Comments

LissyLou said…
Castle acre looks great, i went as a child but don't really remember it. Great project the boys made xx
meplusmolly said…
Ooo great half term then!

Thank you so much for the book titles for me to learn origami from!

I used to work for Sanderson, some time ago now, all my remnants from that time have been used up making accessories, all gone now :( although I still have some wallpaper end of rolls to make envelopes from! ;0 x
Tracy said…
Great times had by all it looks.....great buttons too!
Rhiannon said…
What an utterly fab castle the boy has made! And latrines are incredibly important - if you dont think that one through, can you imagine the mess? :P

Those buttons look delicious
xxx
Dens, castles and poo, the stuff of childhood...... :O) . . love those crinoline lady napkins and the buttons. Thanks for the comment on my blog, cake just makes life a bit nicer, doesn't it? x
Sal said…
I love vintage Sanderson too..and anything with those crinoline ladies!!
Hope the sun is shining there..it is here !
Thedarkerside73 said…
Hi cant remeber if I have commented on your fab blog before. I am terrible for that so apologies!

Looks like half term was great fun. And cool project too! not sure about boys and poo though although I have two girls the word poo comes up in a lot of dissussions!

Love your buttons and your new tea cups and saucers. really lovely.

Just want to say your blog is veritable eye candy!

Have a happy sunny day

Mummy Boo Bear x
Anonymous said…
***BeaUTiful!!!*** All of it!! Ahh the happiness of a visit to your lovely blog!
Don't know which I'm more jealous of though, crinoline ladies or £3.50!!!! Sanderson! ****!!*
Vanessa said…
Ohhh I love the Crinoline lady napkins, and the tea cups are lovely.
Balwearie said…
I absolutely adore the crinoline ladies! What a wonderful set. Just imagining a lovely little tea party in the garden... with roses billowing over the sides of a vase and delicious little tea cakes...and long, flowing, flowered frocks.
Evsie said…
Know what you mean about boys & poo, as I've got older it I think its a bit like ladies & buttons its a personal matter ! Great posts as usual. Neil
Kate said…
Great post, as always. Lovely photos :)
A Thrifty Mrs said…
You have been very busy missus! Looks like half term kept you occupied. I do hope you will be ready for next week and that it goes well!
Sanderson and Crinoline ladies - it all sounds absolutely divine!

Nina x
A time to dance said…
I love your fabric..would look nice in the snug!!! and the embroidery on the napkins is to die for..what a lucky boy having a den like that....have a lovely week H
Stacy said…
Love the Crinoline lady napkins. You find the most wonderful things at sales and fairs!
lottie said…
How I wish I could find some of those colourful buttons - they are gorgeous. And what a find with the crinoline ladies napkins - how truly wonderful - I don't know how people can part with such family treasures.

Love the Sanderson delphiniums - luscious colours

Wishing you a happy blogaversary tomorrow. I can't believe it has been a year already since you started it - time really has flown
Kitty said…
I love the brightly coloured buttons , so pretty.
Helen said…
Ooooooh tell me how you eat cakes with blue icing on them. I tried to eat them but couldn't, just felt weid?
Twiggy said…
Hello
I'm a new visitor, great blog, I'm going to pop a link to you on my blog if that's ok, so I don't lose you!!! Come on over to my blog, I'll pop the kettle on :)
Twiggy x
Helen said…
Thanks for that Teena! I had spelt my link wrong, Oh, It's so complicated when your just starting out, and leaving comments after a large glass of wine!!
I can hear your sewing machine whirring from here T..
Just stay focused and don't eat any of those buttons by mistake.. stick to the chocolate ones...
Now whose lost the plot!!

I would love to have crawled in to BB den.. fear my hips would get firmly wedged and I would have to be dragged out by a tractor and rope.
Mx
vanessa said…
What wonderful finds! Love the buttons, and the tea cups and saucers are so covetable! Your little boy looks like a winning little chap, his garden design is amazing, and very ingenious with his bath time escape route. What a little sweetie you have in him.
Love Vanessa xxx (do you mind if i knit)
bex said…
my nan and grandad live in castle acre and I LOVE IT!! im jealous now!!!
x